STOP DOMESTIC VIOLENCE – INSPIRE – LEAD ON
SUMMER CRUISE 2015, in support of The S.A.F.E. INITIATIVE
The S.A.F.E Program ( Safety, Awareness, Freedom & Empowerment ) will work towards violence prevention, awareness and safety measures for abused women and youth-at-risk. Participants will be provided with personal safety support and involve various streams of service, including:
– Providing safety support for participants who require accompaniment during court appointments where they may encounter their abuser, including before, during and after court.
– Providing assistance in devising a personal safety plan for residents in-house
– Provide safety planning services for abuse survivors in their neighbourhood and residence, as they transition out of violent homes. This service would include: recommendations for being aware and alert of their surroundings and a thorough inspection of their new residence to allow for best guidance around safety proofing the home.
– Providing self-defense workshops for abused women in shelters and violence against women prevention organizations.
– Providing self-defense and positive empowerment workshops for youth-at-risk who are victims of violence or at-risk of perpetrating violence.
The S.A.F.E. INITIATIVE working in alignment with Dr. Roz’s Healing Place.
Dr. Roz’s Healing Place (DRHP) is a not-for-profit charitable organization that has been in operation since 1981, with a structural re-build and name change in 2004. DRHP provides emergency crisis and care to women, children and youth emerging from abusive relationships access to a safe living environment conducive to healing and wellness. This facility helps them to recover from violence and trauma through an integrative and holistic approach.
Women Empowering Women | Networking at its Best!
RSVP by CITY HERE: http://bit.ly/WEWednesdaysEVENTS
RESERVE ONLINE & SAVE: www.wewednesdays.com
“Open Mike” – HOME to “The Mystery Speaker!”